2009 is History!!!
Well, here we are. Twelve days into 2010, and still (happily) reflecting on the year that was. What an adventurous time 2009 turned out to be for Barkerville Historic Town! And since “the past is our business” here at BC’s Gold Rush Town, perhaps we should take a moment to make the more recent past our business once again, and count-down twelve of the more exciting Barkerville events that took place in 2009…
12. Barkerville delegates welcomed home by Approved Destination Status
11. Wyatt Earp – a Cariboo miner’s avenger
10. Barkerville delegates make historic trek to China
9. Teachers hunt for a motherlode of learning at New Pathways to Gold
8. Award-winning playwright makes Risky Claims at the Theatre Royal
7. Canada commemorates historic significance of Chee Kung Tong
6. Theatre Royal drama unearths early photo
5. Cariboo tourism bats a thousand at Barkerville’s annual Sports Day
4. Barkerville makes positive difference to BC’s unemployed forest workers
3. James Douglas to help govern Barkerville’s marketing plan
2. Theatre Royal embarks on third Provincial tour
1. Simon Sees Barkerville… in HD!
Wow! 2009 was a truly remarkable year for Barkerville Historic Town… and this list is just the beginning. Come to Barkerville this summer. You’ll treasure the experience.