Join the great Barkerville Migration (by donation)!
We’re on the last leg of a record-breaking journey along the Cariboo Waggon Road’s 150th anniversary season… and Barkerville needs your help to make it to our goal of 60,000 visitors in 2015!
It’s been six long years since Barkerville has welcomed 60,000 visitors in a single season, and we’ve only got a few hundred folks to go in 2015… so come out for our closing weekend and “pay what you can” admission to British Columbia’s Gold Rush Town – the largest historic site in western North America!
Barkerville’s award-winning historical interpretation programs are in full September-swing, our shops and restaurants are open until late-afternoon, and the Theatre Royal’s 1:00 PM show is the talk of the town!
But that’s not all…
- On Saturday, September 26 there are three additional, and very special events:
- 11:30 AM to 11:55 AM – the new Barkerville School grand opening (which includes the premiere of a new video presentation)
- 12:00 NOON to 12:10 PM – there will be a signing launch of the Barkerville Edition of the BC Studies Journal (at the new Barker & Co. Shaft and Shaft House)
- 12:10 PM to 12:45 PM – the grand opening of the new Barker & Co. Shaft and Shaft House (includes new interpretation presentation)
- Out of Time 2: Another Steampunk Murder Mystery runs from Friday, September 25 to Sunday, September 27 (visit www.barkerville.ca/out-of-time-2 for details and tickets)
So bring your pocket change to Barkerville Historic Town & Park this weekend, and what you save on admission you can use to jump-start your own visions of gold at the new Billy Barker Memorial Wishing Well (which is totally a real thing, by the way… at the Barker & Co. Shaft and Shaft House)!