Career Opportunity – Commerce, Partnerships & Giving Officer
Barkerville Historic Town & Park, governed by Barkerville Heritage Trust, has an opening for a
Commerce, Partnerships & Giving Officer
Reporting to the CEO and teaming with other staff, the position is responsible for developing and stewarding a wide range of stakeholders, donors, and customers in BC’s Cariboo region and Central Interior to advance the reach and support of this Provincial and National Heritage Site.
Prime responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of key commerce initiatives, grants applications, major fund raising plans, and related implementation, including our Canada 2017 Projects.
- Lead the partnering & distribution of educational multi-media products for K to 12 and Post-secondary.
- Represent Barkerville, at certain times, as part of presentations, events, and partnership conferences.
- Contribute to the development of a wide range of products, services, and activities that market, nurture and enhance the on-site Barkerville experience.
- Contribute to the identification and development of donors, sponsors, and fund raising initiatives.
- Be Interim Manager in a team situation with another Manager and/or CEO on predetermined days.
- Contribute to leadership and change management implementation.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to, thrive, and fully participate in a positive team environment.
- Be outgoing and an excellent communicator.
- Have a wide-range of computer skills.
- Work at Barkerville and Quesnel & be willing to travel at times within the Region.
A degree or diploma & designation(s), that relates to the duties of the position, along with demonstrated experience and/or the passion to gain the experience.
Thirty-five hours per week.
$30.66 per hour plus a full benefits package with Pacific Blue Cross; a BCGEU position (a higher rate is substituted for Interim Manager days).
Targeted starting date is May 1st, 2016 or sooner depending on candidate availability.
We thank all candidates in advance; only those short-listed will be contacted.