Employment Opportunity – Programming Diversification Officer (Full-time, One-Year Position, Extendable with Sustainable Revenues)
Programming Diversification Officer (Full-time, One-Year Position, Extendable with Sustainable Revenues)
Reporting to the CEO and teaming with other staff, the position is responsible for developing and stewarding a wide range of activities and programs in B.C.’s Cariboo and Central Interior to advance the reach and participation of this Provincial and National Heritage Site.
Prime responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of net income activities and programs and related implementation, for
example: outdoor recreation programming including trail system network & equipment rentals,
conferences, weddings & reunions, clinics, festivals, courses, camps, retreats, groups, milestones &
anniversaries, and other.
- Contribute to the partnering and distribution of educational multi-media products for K to 12
and Post Secondary.
- Represent Barkerville at certain times as part of presentations, activities and programs.
- Contribute to the development of a wide range of activities that market, nurture and enhance the
on-site Barkerville experience.
- Work with the Manager of Visitor Experiences and Public Relations to identify and pursue grant opportunities related to activities and the sustainability of the Programming
Diversification Officer position.
- Work with local and regional businesses and organizations to promote and support the local and regional economy through economic development and diversification.
- Support the day-to-day operation of Barkerville’s exceptional heritage and activity experiences.
- Contribute to leadership and change management implementation.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to, thrive, and fully participate in a positive team environment.
- Be outgoing and an excellent communicator.
- Have a wide-range of computer skills.
- Work at Barkerville and Quesnel, and be willing to travel at times within the Region Qualifications.
- Have a degree or diploma & designation(s) that relate to the duties of the position, along with demonstrated experience and/or the passion to gain the experience.
- Thirty-five hours per week.
- $30.66 per hour plus a full benefits package with Pacific Blue Cross; a BCGEU position.
- Targeted starting date is 2017 January 01 or sooner depending on candidate availability.
Forward your resume via email to:
Ed Coleman, CEO at email@example.com by 12:00 noon Friday, December 16
Questions? Contact Ed Coleman by e-mail or phone 1-888-994-3332 Local 23
We thank all candidates in advance; only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
This position is funded by the Province of BC Rural Dividend Fund.