Employment Opportunity: Custodian/Housekeeper (x2)
Classification: Laborer 1
Job title: Custodian/Housekeeper:
Positions: One Full-time Year-Round (35 hours per week, plus benefits)
One Part-time Year-Round (20 hours per week, plus benefits)
Closing Date: January 29, 2018
• BC Government Employees Union (BCGEU);
• Salary grade: $21.11 plus benefits as dispersed according to the Collective Agreement between the BCGEU and The Barkerville Heritage Trust.
Orientation and Supervision (how the position fits into the company structure):
• Position reports to the Commerce, Partnerships and Givings Officer and General Manager;
• Works as a team member;
• Performs all operational duties based upon industry standards and guided by the Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada to ensure the continued protection and conservation of Barkerville Historic Town & Park;
• Works as a team member with all Barkerville Heritage Trust site staff and contractors involved with operational activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities (core duties of the position, including but limited to):
• Custodial duties related to the Visitors’ Receptions Centre and Administration Building;
• Custodial duties related to the general site and heritage buildings;
• Routine housekeeping duties including cleaning and servicing of guest bedrooms, living areas, and bathrooms in the Barkerville Cottages;
• Custodial duties related to BHT vehicles;
• Promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, and friendly. Must be able to address guest requests and problems;
• Assist with preparation, set-up, and clean-up of special and private events;
• Respond to emergencies as they arise in an effective manner and liaison with the associated staff;
• Report to Lead on the reordering needs for Cottage and Custodial supplies and inventory;
• Assist in day to day operations when required and garbage and recycling pick-up and disposal;
• Other related duties.
The position requires that the following laws, regulations, policies and procedures be adhered to:
• The Workers Compensation Board regulations;
• The Barkerville Heritage Trust Safety Management and Accident Prevention Program;
• The Barkerville Heritage Trust’s policies and procedures;
• Adherence to the Job Performance Expectations of the position;
• Performs all operational duties based upon industry standards and guided by the occupation health and safety regulations;
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities (requirements needed to perform the job):
• Ability to work under own initiative with minimal supervision or as a member of a team;
• WHIMIS certificate;
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form;
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
• Good public relations skills;
• Occupational First Aid Level 1 with a Transportation Endorsement is an asset and where needed is provided by the employer;
• World Host training is an asset and where needed will be provided by the employer;
• Hold and maintain a valid Class 5 British Columbia driver’s license;
Working conditions (physical environment of the job, including on and off site):
• May be required to wear an approved uniform or appropriate period costume in the performance of duties;
• Required to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including cold, snow and ice;
• Work will occasionally require lifting and carrying;
• Physical mobility and stamina required;
• Ability to climb stairs.
For more information contact Dawn Leroy, General Manager, Barkerville Historic Town & Park at email@example.com or 1.888.994.3332 local 24.
Apply by email or in person to Dawn Leroy.