Employment Opportunity – Marketing, Preservation, and Presentation Manager
Barkerville Historic Town & Park,
Governed by Barkerville Heritage Trust, has an opening for a
Marketing, Preservation, and Presentation Manager
(Full-time Permanent Position)
Classification: Excluded Staff Position; 35 hours a week Compensation: Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package Job title: Marketing, Preservation, and Presentation Manager.
Barkerville exists to inspire today through the courage of the past. Therefore we promise a welcoming experience to reflect, connect and grow. In everything we do, we are connected by discovery, and as a result are described as adventurous, authentic, inclusive and dynamic.
As the Marketing, Preservation, and Presentation Manager, you are responsible for elevating Barkerville as an important historic site and tourist destination while enhancing our visitors’ experiences and honoring the Barkerville Brand. This role is key to achieving the organization’s ten-year strategic plan through leadership of the Marketing, Preservation/Curatorial, and Presentation Teams, including related cross-function teamwork.
- Execute results-focused strategic marketing plans based on analytics, visitor insights, industry, and market trends.
- Implement global branding initiatives.
- Coordinate projects and joint marketing initiatives with internal and external partners.
- Provide overall strategic direction of website; manage website content; and manage and monitor social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Monitor and update marketing budget to ensure alignment with strategic goals.
- Build relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate historical representation.
- Simultaneously manage multiple complex projects, with many internal and external stakeholders on time and within budget.
- Perform flexible and varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the organization and its staff members.
- Follow the British Columbia Heritage Conservation Act and Standards and Guidelines for Historic Places in Canada in all implementation decision.
- Inspire and lead cross-function teams to contribute and execute marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Collaborate and contribute to the overall management and day to day operations of the site as assigned by the CEO or General Manager and Deputy to the CEO.
- Develop performance measures and evaluate Leads and Teams.
- Minimum five years marketing experience with a focus on strategic and digital marketing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing, business management, heritage, tourism, or equivalent.
- Proven Leader, capable of motivating Teams to reach their potential and achieve desired goals.
- Budgeting and planning experience.
- Experience with social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Experience in the heritage and museum sector.
- Graphic design and technical skills.
- Strong team player with experience planning, leading and implementing large cross function projects.
- Experience in working collaboratively and building relationships with stakeholders and partners to achieve common goals.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment, with the ability to set, prioritize, manage, and delegate tasks.
Apply by sending your resume to: Ed Coleman, CEO by email email@example.com
Questions or Additional Information: Phone Ed Coleman, CEO at 250-994-3332 Local 23 (between 9:00am and 4:00pm or cell phone 250-991-9034 (between 9:00am and 8:00pm)